In June 2015, a partnership was signed between the CNC and the programme Creative Europe - MEDIA of the European Commission ", to create an experimental new "international distribution" strand of the ACM (Aide aux cinemas du monde).
"ACM-Distribution" is designed to support and promote the international distribution and circulation of films co-produced with a country outside Europe. These films must previously have received support from the ACM at the production stage.
The selection committee, consisting of seven experts, met for the first time on 4 February 2016 and decided to support the international distribution of the following five films:
- A peine j’ouvre les yeux by Leyla Bouzid (releases in the USA, Middle East, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy)
- Kalo Pothi by Min Bahadur Bham (releases in Canada, Chile, the UK, Ireland, Spain, Macedonia, Albania and Brazil)
- Ixcanul by Jayro Bustamante (releases in Austria, Serbia, Montenegro and Costa Rica)
- Les Délices de Tokyo by Naomi Kawase (releases in Poland, the UK, Hungary and the Lebanon)
- Cemetery of Splendor by Apichatpong Weerasethakul (releases in the Czech Republic, USA and Mexico)
These films (three of which are their directors' first feature films) were selected at several festivals, and illustrate the vitality and diversity of global creativity. Support from ACM-Distribution will make it possible to increase and stimulate their commercial distribution via theaters and online platforms in many more countries.
The committee will meet for the second time in the autumn of 2016.