Need an update on the rising market for arthouse films in China, and the newly created “Arthouse cinema league”?
Want to meet the rising talents coming from China?
Eager to know how WeChat crowdfunding can finance your project?
Come and participate to the “China co-production Day” at the CNC Pavilion, Gray d’Albion Beach on Friday, May 19, from 10AM- 1PM!
This year, a panel on “Arthouse cinemas in China: New perspectives” will bring innovative lights on creating, coproducing and exhibiting arthouse films in China, and the unique opportunity to have access to the best professional talents of the Chinese film industry.
Moderated by Patrick Frater (Variety), the discussion will involve :
- Emerging director Li Ruijun, representing China in Un Certain Regard with Walking Past the Future,
- Yang Cheng, audacious producer of anime film Have a Nice Day (selected in Berlin)
- Wei Lu, innovative producer having raised money through the social plateform WeChat for the film Monkey King
- Song Wen, talent detector for the Chinese festival FIRST, will exchange views on the rise of independent and arthouse cinema in China
- Yu-Fai Suen, Managing director of Pinewood Pictures, will present the services his company can provide for Sino-international co-productions.
- Founders of the new Chinese “Arthouse cinema league”, Xiang Luke (Deputy director general of the online ticketing plateform Weiying) and Gary Mak (Broadway Cinemateque cinema chain)
- Claude-Eric Poiroux, General director of Europa Cinema, the European network of arthouse cinemas supported by the European Commission.
Please email confirmation of your presence to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org