The CNC regularly submits draft texts for laws or regulations to the ministry of culture and communication to adapt funding means, grant procedures and company controls to the realities of an industry heavily affected by technological and economic changes.
Once passed and published, the CNC directorates and departments control the application of these laws. They check the legal validity of any decisions made, for the most part, in favour of film and television companies and video publishers.
The principal regulatory and compliance control missions performed by the various directorates and departments of the CNC are as follows :
- Approval of feature film investments and production
- Operating licence
- Regulating the heritage of films
- Film rating commission meetings and secretariat
- Keeping public records of film and television
- Professional identity cards
- Participating in preliminary reports for the national commercial facilities committee for multiplex projects
- Regulating film-television relations